SLOT CAMPAIGN: PRELIMINARIES

Started by _AH_Moggy, October 18, 2008, 01:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Moggy

S! Gonz:

Excellent points re the "serviceability" question.  I suspected that that definition would be found to contain, uh, a few "holes," and thanks for the input!  Give me a couple of days to tighten this up a bit -- I like the idea of a "consensus" opinion rather than a laundry list of what kind of damage means what.  Probably something like, prior to killing the mission, HQ staff + all the Flight Leaders decide on any questionables;  something like that.  Again, thanks bud.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.

no matter how big a laundry list, there will always be some unique scenarios that aren't directly addressed.. so the consensus idea is the way to go for the serviceable question.  i think the idea of awarding points there is to encourage getting the plane down for spare parts if nothing else...  rather than getting home and bailing out.. and totaling the plane..  plus a few points for being able to land a damaged plane on whatever's left of the gear.

but i think there is one scenario that should have a well defined rule.. which is the player(s) that have a tech prob and get kicked by the game.   

i know they always get a survived.. which is good.. but how will that reflect into the "all in a flight return to home base"  bonus?   i'm thinking something like.. with all others in the flight still meeting the    minimum of four breathers still returning.... and the only guy(s) in the flight that didn't make it was the guy that got kicked.. that flight should still get their  'all return to base' bonus.  gotta get at least four back no matter what.. if you start with four, and one gets kicked.. no bonus.  if you start with five and get 4 get back, but no one was kicked.. no bonus..   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on October 25, 2008, 02:27:30 PM
S~.
... i know they always get a survived.. which is good.. but how will that reflect into the "all in a flight return to home base"  bonus?   i'm thinking something like.. with all others in the flight still meeting the    minimum of four breathers still returning.... and the only guy(s) in the flight that didn't make it was the guy that got kicked.. that flight should still get their  'all return to base' bonus.  gotta get at least four back no matter what.. if you start with four, and one gets kicked.. no bonus.  if you start with five and get 4 get back, but no one was kicked.. no bonus..   

S! Beebs.  I disagree with the last part, with one possible but unlikely exception.  I think that if a flight starts with 4 pilots, and 3 of them get back OK; with the 4th kicked due to tech trouble alone, that flight should retain the "all home alive" bonus.  I (or some designated person) could then examine the mission track to confirm that the booted guy's plane was not seriously damaged (i.e., could be safely assumed as RTB'ing OK ).  In the unlikely event that it was seriously damaged, then that plane would be deemed as not having returned.

Same formula with more than 4 planes:  Namely, that if on inspection the subject plane (or planes) could reasonably be expected to have returned, then it is assumed that it did.  Just my opinion, though.  I would recommend that, for this one, we should probably let the four AH Flight Leaders decide (in advance!) which way to go.  They've got the most at stake, and whatever they decide is fine by me.  What do you think?

_AH_BBQhead

S~..  as long as there is some kind of agreement on what the rule is.. i' m not particularly concerned about what the rule is.. i just think it should be in place.

my main concern is not continually penalizing (or rewarding) a flight if one  guy is having problems with getting kicked more often than anyone else.. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_*PODS*_RGAA

Just a thought.   But maybe we could start out campaign with all pilots get 1 or 2 passes ? There usually are no more than a couple kicks total per campaign anyway. After that ... considered a no return. Thinking that might be more simple and doesn't matter what size flight is .  My buck 2 fiddy... S!

Fly'n is the second greatest thrill
known to man, Landing is the first!
  Major _AH_Rgaa
        A Flight
 www.aceshigh.ws

_AH_Moggy

CURRENT MISSION BRIEFING DISTRIBUTION LIST:

"A" FLIGHT:
AH_Gonzo
AH_Duff4r
AH_Hogan

"B" FLIGHT:
AH_Viper

"C" FLIGHT:
AH_Johnny
AH_MOAB
AH_Ring
AH_Moby
AH_Boosher
AH_Bong

"D" FLIGHT:
AH_Rgaa
AH_Olds

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. at the risk of sounding self important...  are the HQ guys on the distribution list by default?  if not.. put me on the list please.

Foxbat

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on October 28, 2008, 07:59:49 PM
S~.. at the risk of sounding self important...  are the HQ guys on the distribution list by default?  if not.. put me on the list please.

Hell no you ain't!  Ah, what the heck, I guess I'll add ya's.  :lol-053:

(yes, actually you guys are on the list;  just forgot to add y'all)

_AH_Ring

wouldn,t servicable be " the capability to take off after landing" holes or no holes?  just a question.....

_AH_Doc

Could ya add me to their bud?

gregory.a.white@hotmail.com

~S~ Thanks!

_AH_Zipzag

~S~ Gent's

Hi Moggy could you if you would'nt mind add me to the list , Thank's   

~S~

Thonny@rogers.com

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  why isn't any one answering Ring?

ok.. i'll give it a go..  nope.   what if i make dead stick landing onaccounta no fuel? .. o yea.. and my elevator is badly damaged, too..  would it be better to eject and use the parachute, totally destroying the plane?.. or risk getting killed, trying to land so it can be 'serviced'.... and it just goes on and on from there...     

_AH_Gonzo

Quotewouldn,t servicable be " the capability to take off after landing" holes or no holes?

I think the term "Serviceable" should mean that the aircraft can be returned to the flight line in a short period of time... about 3 days max.

An engine can be swapped out and control lines re-rigged in a short period of time, even overnight. Even fuel tanks can be patched and re-installed in a couple of days. Bullet holes can be speed taped or patched very quickly as well as long as no part of the main internal structure is damaged.

Fixing the scrapes and re-installing the landing gear on aircraft suffering a botched landing would take considerably longer though. Any severe damage to a wing (Like ripping it off the wing root) or loss of a stabilizer equals a write off. Control surfaces are replacable though.

Just my opinion.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix