nVidia SATA keeps crahing for no reason

Started by _AH_BigChief, November 14, 2008, 03:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BigChief

OK you computer guru's I need help fixing my ol'lady's computer. I have trying to work on this for 2 years with no success. She bought her computer when Microsoft's Vista came out and have had nothing but problems ever since. Mainly, it keeps crashing or locking for for basically no reason. It just simply quits.

I would say 99% of the time, after reboot, the error that comes up saying that the nVidia SATA crashed. I have done update after update, trying this and that for the last 2 years trying to resolve this without success. Even tried to get it back to XP but since it has the basic edition, from what I understand is an impossibility.

She has an:
AMD x64 dual  core processor  (2.4gig processor)
2 gig ram pc4200
250 gig hard drive
DVD burner

Any other info needed to help, let me know and I will get it.

I've asked her, "why don't we just blow the dang thing up and start over" but nooooooo! She says she loves it and wants me to fixed the dang thing but after working on it for 2 years, trying to figure why it keeps crashing, I am completely lost.

Anyone have any ideas at all?

Chief

_AH_Hornet

It sounds like there's an integrated sata controller on the motherboard. Have you tried updating the sata driver? Also, what service pack of vista are you running? Also of help would be the word for word error you get.

_AH_Duff4r

Hiya,

Open the box and change your SATA connection.  If your plugged into #1 try #3..

You get the idea.
S~
Duff