Action Report The Slot

Started by _AH_Rumely, November 16, 2008, 01:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on January 07, 2009, 11:47:16 PM
S~.
...not sure how that kind of thing will affect scoring.. i know in the past, if you have been down and parked.. you're thought of as out of your plane and in the O club..  not sure with this campaign how that's gonna work.. guess we oughta ask Moggy.. Last night he said what ya do parking and taxiing counts.. but i'm not sure how being KIA'd  as a crashee after you're parked is  gonna be counted.   

S! Hogan:

My mistake on the "survival" stat.  Your KIA will not count (but loss of the plane towards "A" Flight's score will.  I'll send the change to Rumely to update the scoreboard.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Thanks Moggy,

OK! WHO IN "A" FLIGHT'S GONNA HAVE LATRINE DUTY FOR THE NEXT SIX WEEEEEEKS!!!????

_AH_Archie

Ill start digging the hole tonight.

~S~

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Toccs

Wow, these action reports are a blast to read. Keep it up, guys.  Sorry I missed the action; I was zookeeper in charge of my two grandsons, they  insisted on beating my  *ss in COD4.  :help2:

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on January 10, 2009, 12:42:25 AM
Thanks Moggy,

OK! WHO IN "A" FLIGHT'S GONNA HAVE LATRINE DUTY FOR THE NEXT SIX WEEEEEEKS!!!????

What's a "latrine?"  Must be some Army term or something...

_AH_Col._Hogan

Thanks Archie,  plenty of magazines and Lucky Strkes please.

Foxbat

S!
B Flight Action report Mission 3 the Slot.
At Mission Start B flight was headed NW at 300 degrees searching for ships. At about 25
mins into the flight the position of enemy destroyers was reported. B flight vectored to the
area avoiding known enemy airfield positions. after a bit the Destroyer group consisting of
6  ships was spotted. B flight engaged and attempted a dive bomb attack with the leading element.
First attack failed and ships were not hit. Second wave of B flight made its attack run and 2 destroyers were
sunk. Remaining elements of B flight still carrying ordinance were assigned to acompany TBF's which were
to attack an enemy airfield in the area. Attached B flight pilot destroyed several ground targets at the airfield.
B Flight combat losses were again minimal with the loss of one pilot [accidental bailout] and one PC glitch which caused them to get booted. Zipzag who recieved damage from the airfield attack, managed to succesfully land his SBD back at home base.
Well done Zip! B flight again succesfully completed its mission with an excellant kill/loss ratio.
Outstanding flying B flight. Well done.

DealnDave

Had the dreaded "Transfering Mission" glich when I was engaged with a float Zero.......arggggggggggggggggggggggggg

_AH_*PODS*_RGAA

Between brief and fly'n to target area covering the bombers spent an hr to get the transfering mission just as seeing the enemy !@#$%^&*()*&^%$#@#$%^&*(!!!!!!!! left very frustrated ... out of 4 missions got the transfering 3 times and lag kill other! .. idk ... maybe a new set of video drivers ... but did notice i get it after popping in and out of outside view frequently to look around :unhappy-059:

Fly'n is the second greatest thrill
known to man, Landing is the first!
  Major _AH_Rgaa
        A Flight
 www.aceshigh.ws

Foxbat

S! Yep getting booted isn't fun. Happened to me in the first one. The game event log which shows the game functions didn't show anything wrong either. It remains a mystery.

DealnDave

S~ All,

Here is kind of an ADHOC report for the "Straggler Section"...  :lol-029:

I was assinged to flying in "C" flight for this mission.  I had some issues early on in the mission as I could not keep up with "C" Flight.  I notifed Ring ("C" Flight Section Leader) of my situation and he had "C" Flight slow a bit allowing me time to rejoin.  Once I rejoined, we proceeded to the rendoevoux (spelling..lol) area and joined with Dev's H8K float plane.  The entire squadron was able to lead Dev on the assigned flight plan.  Once over Savo island though, the group was attacked by enemy fighters.  Ring called out to our group to "drop tanks and engage", I dropped my tank and engaged an enemy F4U.  This engagement took me almost down to sea level where I was able to splash 'em.

After my engagement I saw another tracking, I think Slikk, so I manuvered in behind the enemy plane and shot it down.  Then I looked around and found that I was alone with no reference to where I was.  I took a heading of what I thought would get me back to Savo island.  On the way I saw more shot being fired and proceeded to that location.  Once there I saw Doc and Archie in a fight with some F4F's.  I joined the battle.  Doc and Archie had scored...I saw another F4F trying to get onto someone's six and I manuvered in for another shot.  I was able to splash the Wildcat.  After this engagement, more F4F's arrived.  Doc, Archie, and I engaged.  During the fight, I think Moby joined the fray.  Together we were able to defeat the enemy planes.

After the battle, we heard over the radio that Dev had taken his recon photos and was returning to base.  Our now small band of stragglers took a heading in route to Munda.  On the way back we encountered enemy P-38's.  We engaged them downing a couple.  The two remaining enemy Lighting fighters disengaged and seem to be leaving the area.  We again rejoined and headed for Munda.  This was a good thing too as all four of us were winchester after our last fling.  I got the group taking a new heading from the west end of Guadalcanal toward the Russels.  We climbed to 3+km and headed for homeplate.

As we neared the Russels radio traffic indicated that one of our planes were in trouble.  We made an attempt to locate the aircraft without success.  We did see Ring and Bong flying into the area below us, also looking for the aircraft in trouble.  The "Stragglers" maintained altitude and took up a new heading from the Russels hoping we would hit Vanganu.  At this time we picked up yet another "straggler", Jack  :lol-029:

Now we five...began the long flight back to Munda.  Fuel was in good shape, however we were shadowed by enmy P-38's along the way.  Upon reaching Vanganu, one of the 38's made a pass on us, then ran.  Jack attempted to engage (he was the only one in our group to have any bullets), but he could not catch it.  Jack was recalled into our group and we headed for Munda.  The 38's continued to shawdow us during our return.  They then disengaged from their shadowing and took a direct heading to Munda.  They were engaged and destroyed by SKAT and another, not sure who.

The "Stragglers group was able to return to Munda and all landed safely. 

Just want to say to those guys..."Great Job!!!......Great Teamwork !!!"

S~

DealnDave

"C" Section

Slot Mission #5 – After Action Report

Section Leader - Ring

Pilots:
Dealn Dave
Bong
Crash
Gator
Rudi (guest)

Report:
Section quickly grouped together and took heading based of mission brief.  During the ingress, "B" Flight was sighted and given 3k spacing as their objective was to hit AAA at the target airfield.  Once Bougainville was sighted, minor course corrections were made to our target objective. 

Once we reached the target area it was noted that "B" section had destroyed all AAA allowing "C" section clear airspace for our bomb runs.  "C" section destroyed all assigned targets with the loss of a single pilot during the bomb runs.  Bong was lost due to target fixation.   During the strike, enemy aircraft (Zeros) spawned on the target airfield.  Both "C" and "B" sections were able to destroy Zeke's either on the ground or just as they were taking off.

Upon completing our assigned bombing mission "C" flight was ordered by the mission commander (Moggy) to rally west of the Shortland Islands.  Once reaching the rally area, "C" section orbited and awaited further instructions.   During the transition from the target area and the rally area we lost Gator to the dreaded "transfer mission" error and our section leader Ring due to an issue at home.  Ring attempted to trim his aircraft before he had to leave, however the aircraft crashed into the water.  I then took over "C" section according to section briefed orders.

"C" section was then ordered by the mission commander to take up a heading back to friendly lines.  Section made it back without issue. 

I would like to note that during our portion of the mission only a single SBD was aggressed and shot at by enemy aircraft without damage.  Our fighter protection did an "outstanding" job keeping the enemy planes off our sixes !!!!!  I would also to pass along that "B" section did an "outstanding job" clearing the target airfield of all AAA. Lastly, to "C" section for an "excellent job" hitting our assigned targets.  The teamwork was excellent as well.  Great Job !!!!

_AH_Moggy

Excellent report, Dave!  Well-done sir.

Moggy

_AH_Col._Hogan

Well, while you were flyin n dyin last night I met 3 nurses fresh off our C-47.

And we had 2 "Scoops" of ice cream back at mine and TD's tent.

S!