Full Real....

Started by _AH_Ring, December 24, 2008, 06:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Ring

Anyone interested in a full real campaign? AH has been invited to particapate in a JFC Full real Head to head campaign. no icons full pit no waypoints. We would be alowed to fly as a squad. This is all very prelim as I have not talked to any of our brass about this. I am just putting out a feelers to see if there is any intrest....if there is...and I get permission from the command staff....we can get together fri and we can disscuss this further...If you are interested here please post here.... Pacific theater....mostly likely Axis.

Ring

_AH_Moggy

S! Ring:

Count me as tentatively in!  The reason I say "tentatively" is:

A)  I'm only "in" if we do this as a squadron.  Or, if we at least have a strong majority of AH being "in."  If we're significantly split on the idea, I'm out.  As much as I'd like to participate, I'm hesitant to be involved in anything that will result in some of AH flying & others not (or doing something else).  From my own (admittedly) narrow viewpoint, I think we should do things as a squadron and not go off in different directions.  That's happened here in the distant past, with near-disastrous results.

That said, I would like to say that I strongly urge everyone here in AH to at least give this idea a good look-see.

B)  I don't know much about JFC (even what it stands for!) or what kind of mission set-up they have.  Hopefully it's at least semi-historical and not too much off the "what if" deep end.  Is there a link that contains the basic info that we can access?

Along those lines would be the ability for us to participate as a squadron.  That is, room for everyone, with no one forced to "sit out," even temporarily.  And, with the "slot" campaign and Foxbat's H-t-H matches looming, we'll have to ensure that participation in this won't conflict with those already-scheduled events.

(Not trying to squelch anything here, guys.  I realize that the above is a lot of "ifs."  But, it doesn't rule anything out, either).

Thanks for bringing this up, Ring.  I'm eager to at least give it a good look.  Anyone else?

Moggy

Foxbat

S! Yep, I would like to fly it. Like to see more details as far as how balanced it is.

_AH_BBQhead

S~..

i don't really care for full real.. BUT i can tolerate anything for about an hour or less once a week... so if the missions aren't scheduled to last too long..and we dont' start 'practicing' full switch for more than an hour at a go..  count me in.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Duff4r

I'm not really ok with this.....I still might fly it, depending

One of the reasons I left FA was because that's all they wanted to do. We were one of the first FISC squads.  It gets very old very fast.  It would be different if we could look around the cockpit, if everyone had TrackIR 6 DoF, or if everyone had a Moggy Sized monitor.

One thing, we need to know the map were going to fly so that we can prefly it and learn the terrain!  If you don't know the map flying Full Real you get lost you're dead!!  It takes some work to fly full real.

Let's see where this goes.
S~
Duff

LOL!  BBQ you posted while I was writing.  That's what would happen.  Lots of practice for navigation and the out of cockpit and /or padlockers won't do well here.

FUll Real can be a headache and a widow maker.

_AH_Toccs

I go with what duffer days.  Full switch dont float my boat. :surprised-027:

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Flying fill real in a simulater, I think, does two things. #1 It ain't fun and as our C.O. says,"If you'r not haveing fun, you'r not doing it right" and #2 It gives you a small idea of what it really was like in real life trying to find your carrier with no roads or rivers to follow. Lost about 80 pilots and planes that way.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Ring

ok boyz , from the tone of all the posts it is a no go....no problems there.....Thanks for your time....S!

_AH_Moggy

S! Ring:

Don't lose heart, bud.  From long experience, I've learned that not everything you run up the flagpole will be a hit.  That doesn't mean it wasn't worth it to bring it up.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained...