Silent Hunter 4 no-cd questions

Started by _AH_Olds, December 26, 2008, 09:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Olds

Per DW, I went to gamecopyworld, and found some no-cd cracks for SH4, but I'm not sure if they work. Most of them say they are for version 1.4 and earlier, and I think the Gold edition is 1.5 with all the patches. Anybody have any more info on this? One of the threads I found says it needs some kind of Daemon installer or something like that  :thinking-008: I have no idea what they are talking about...wouldn't one crack work for all, or is the copy protection a problem?  :thinking-008:
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_DarkWolf

Hmm. The 1.4 patch actually removed the CD check. I installed the U-boat add on as a seperate install and it still does'nt require the CD. Maybe they changed it for the gold version. Try this, it's the .exe from my game. Remember to backup your original.

http://www.4shared.com/file/77700695/26b8b62e/sh4.html

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Olds

WOW! I tried it without the dvd just to see if it works, and it did!  :cool: I didn't think about running it without the disk until you said that the 1.4 patch took out the dvd check. Pretty cool. Now I can have it installed on both machines...awesome! Thanks, DW. Now if I can figure out how to move around in the game...haven't had much time to do anything with it.

BTW, installed it on the other machine, and it looks great! Cody was playing it this morning, and he found more views than I did...pretty cool  :cool:

S!

Olds
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman