Silent Hunter IV Gold

Started by _AH_Duff4r, December 30, 2008, 05:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Got it for Christmas and.....already Modded with the Real Fleet Boat Mod.

Frickin' thing is scary.  Takes me back to 1970 and the USS Jallao

Pretty cool.....Any advice / Help / suggestions?

Tanks,
Duff

_AH_*PODS*_RGAA

Awesome Duf ... I too have the silent hunter 4 ... not modded yet with any addons .. but looking forward to playing it with those who have or might get it! Be cool to do on a sat or sun during later morning early noon. Anyone interested?

Fly'n is the second greatest thrill
known to man, Landing is the first!
  Major _AH_Rgaa
        A Flight
 www.aceshigh.ws

_AH_*PODS*_RGAA

oh and on any suggestions Duf ... do the accademy (training and campaign) for a bit and get the feel of the game and to know the controls ;-)

Major _AH_Rgaa
        A Flight
 www.aceshigh.ws

_AH_Olds

Got it for Cody for Christmas, and now his old man is playing it too. WOW! The graphics are awesome! This is one of those games that could take days. Tried the u-boat campaign, and have almost finished one mission...very long. What do you think about the water, Duff? Cody says it almost makes him seasick!
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_*PODS*_RGAA

Does anyone have time to play Silent hunter 4 on sat. or Sun. later morning or early afternoon for a couple hrs? That have it or plan on getting it.

Major _AH_Rgaa
        A Flight
 www.aceshigh.ws

_AH_Duff4r

I can try!  Not very good at it yet  :cool:

Pick a time!  I am MST

S~
Duff

_AH_DarkWolf

Getting everyone on the same page version wise might be an issue. Does everyone have either SH4 Gold or SH4+U-boat add on? Either of those is v1.5 which is the latest stock version. Duff, did you use JSGME to install Real Fleet Boat?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Toccs

Is the Steam download for SH4 gold the right version? I would like to try it.

_AH_*PODS*_RGAA

thinking if we are all at 1.5 .... we should be good to go ... well all need to get on and give it a try though ;-) ... How does Saturdays at 10 or 11 am pacific sound?

Major _AH_Rgaa
        A Flight
 www.aceshigh.ws

_AH_*PODS*_RGAA

Toccs if u are talking about the digital download for SH4 .. I know u can find it at Ubi Soft now confused a bit DUF ... the Fleet addon is a download or sep DVD game u need to buy and install that brings it to version 1.5 ... all i 'am seeing is the 1.4 update and seen mention of seperat add on that u buy brining it to 1.5 ... if not please post link to were we all can bring it up to 1.5 ... if it is a seperate DVD to buy maybe we can run with 1.4 .. easier and chaeper just to do a new install seperate folder to 1.4 than those of us who dont have going out to buy. ;-)

Major _AH_Rgaa
        A Flight
 www.aceshigh.ws

_AH_DarkWolf

Yes, version 1.5 is the U-boat add on. The Gold version comes with the u-boat add on so it is 1.5 as well. The basic SH4 only patches up to 1.4. Does the gold version automatically install the u-boat add on as well? Or do you install it seperately?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Duff4r

Saturday 10 or 11 Pacific should be OK here!

FYI, I have SH4 Gold version 1.5.

Tuff damn game!  As always I seem to have to play full real....Big learning curve.

S~
Duff

OBTW my nickname on the Boat was "Whore" after the first part of my last name Hor.  I had duty one night and Connie came aboard to watch the movie.  An officer, Lt. Dickerson, inadvertently referred to Connie as Mrs. Whore!  As of the next day I became known as "The Vath", after the last part of my name :-}

It didn't bother Connie or I but the LT was in shock!  He was an awesome officer.  I had great respect for him.

In SH4 I am...The Vath or Duff4r  :give-me-beer-0034:

_AH_*PODS*_RGAA

Ok if it comes with the uboat add on ... does that mean its a seperate install or does the game auto install to 1.5. Can it be installed to 1.4 in seperate folder? with out having to install the add on?

Major _AH_Rgaa
        A Flight
 www.aceshigh.ws

_AH_Olds

Rgaa, I've installed SH4 on both machines...it is already prepatched to 1.5, the uboat missions are already there (although they could use a few more), and you don't need the disk to run it...pretty cool  :cool: it's not a separate install. Don't know about installing it to 1.4...shouldn't need to, as it can stand alone.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Duff4r

No,

It's out-of-the-box 1.5, or...at least mine was!

S~
Duff