Enternet issues (Toccs)

Started by _AH_*PODS*_RGAA, January 04, 2009, 05:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_*PODS*_RGAA

knowing its the weekend .. can't call your provider for support. If you are running onboard ethernet try if you have a ethernet card plugging that in and running that or vise versa if you have a card running go off onboard if yr motherboard supports that. Maybe one or other went bad (any storms in area last couple days?) or as I am sure you will .. Tomorrow morning call your provider to see if they are having issues at there end. or they can check your modem at their end to see if that might be the issue. Did you unplug your modem. power and internet cable or line for at least 30 sec? To reset your connection and ip. More than likely its at there end or your modem. running a router? .. anything get reset on that? .. lose power at all? ... lol can be a few things.

Fly'n is the second greatest thrill
known to man, Landing is the first!
  Major _AH_Rgaa
        A Flight
 www.aceshigh.ws

_AH_Toccs

~S~ U name it I've tried it.  Tommorow will call ISP provider.  Everything has been solide up until last Monday before Christmas. 

See u guys as soon as I get this FUBAR situation straightened out.

_AH_BBQhead

have  ya got a spare head set you can test with? even a non usb head set.. if it works correctly would help eleminate some possibilities of where exactly the problem is

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Toccs

Removed the usb headset, reinstalled the old head set.  No improvement. :unhappy-059:

_AH_Toccs

Finally reached my ISP (Atlantic Broadband), it turns out they de-activated my account last Friday when I moved a business line from home to my new office.

They didnt forget to charge the business relocation/reassignment fee of $75, though. And they didnt forget to charge me for a new Motorola modem ($60) for the home internet. They just merely forgot to TURN ON THE FREAKIN' SERVICE.

:censored-015:

Hopefully I will see u guys on tonite.

_AH_BBQhead

S~ i'll add them to my list.. right there next to earthlink....

sounds like you've found the answer to the problem..   :cool:

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Toccs.                   ROFL
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.