Speedtest and Packet Loss Issues

Started by _AH_Olds, January 15, 2009, 09:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Hornet

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  i vote yes.  but onaccounta i'm not 100% certain.. i'll throw in a disclaimer.. 

there may be some obscure hardly used spec that may not be though..  you know.. out there in the wild somewhere.. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Hornet

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on January 29, 2009, 01:30:47 AM
S~.  i vote yes.  but onaccounta i'm not 100% certain.. i'll throw in a disclaimer.. 

there may be some obscure hardly used spec that may not be though..  you know.. out there in the wild somewhere.. 

A true T connection would be symmetric. Maybe it's possible to pay for fractional Ts to get asymmetric speeds. A standard or fractional T1 by itself seems pretty useless these days unless you're running phone over the channels or something. Nonetheless, they still cost like $350/mo. Extremely high availability (High SLA) and the fact that they don't bawk when you use a lot of bandwidth differentiates it from basic DSL.

_AH_Hornet

Oh baby, I just got some good speeds...

That's also an incredible ping considering I'm 140 miles away!

_AH_Twisted

_AH_Prop

_AH_Duff4r

_AH_Moby

Wait a minute... I pay for more than this...... What the #&$#@%???   

I guess it must be the quality of the electricity up here in Canada that lets me host without any problems.... :happy-112:

I shouldn't complain though, I normally get over 8 Mb/s download speed and better than .55 Mb/s upload speed (at night) when I am online ....

Mobes.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Gonzo

Here's mine. Not too bad but I'm paying a king's ransom for it!

The above is from Reggio Calabria in Italy. Below is from Los Angeles CA. Bit of a difference. Then again it is over 6,000 miles away!

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Hornet

Quote from: AH_Hornet on May 07, 2009, 08:54:28 PM

Hm .. One month later and this is what I have now-

Ya think I could run IL2 over this?? I have no way of upgrading.

:help2:

_AH_Twisted

_AH_Shrtaprch