Network settings for client side IL2

Started by Foxbat, January 24, 2009, 07:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxbat

S!
Still digging around a little for a solution to help with getting kicked in missions. I noticed that if you are using IL2 wingman
the default settings for client side cheater warnings are set to 1 and the allowable differance in speed is kind of low.
I have been reading some of the old UBI forums and came across a description of what these settings actually do.
The cheater warning does not always occur when only a high ping is present but more so when packet loss is occuring.
As such set at 1, the game may see a packet loss and even if only temporary, will kick the player on the next packet loss it
picks up from that player. That packet loss might go away or was just a spike but after the 1st warning, out you go.
As I looked over the log from tonights FNF, I noticed that it recorded player such and such was auto kicked by the host.
Always around each instance, there were cheater warnings in the chat log and then the player got the boot.
This happened like clockwork about 4 times during the mission.
You can easily remedy this by raising the warning to like 5 or so. Also set the client speed a little looser by increasing
the numbers by 5 or 10 in the time check boxes on the wingman menu.
The tough part is apparantly this is in the conf ini somewhere and those settings might be harder to adjust without a wingman
type program where its easy to set. As I said the default setting for client side for IL2 is 1 cheater warning with the wingman
program.
It could be that it is set at 1 in the game also. This is not the same setting as the 1 or 2 setting which checks the game files.
I have the wingman settings at 5 cheater warnings now and it was at 1. I'll see how it goes. Also, I can compare my conf ini with
someone who isn't running the wingman prog to see where it makes the changes in the file. Make sure we all have that backed off a bit. Might not cure all of the problem but I think it will help to check it.

_AH_BBQhead

S~ Smashing idea, Fox.

it was a bit unusual to see  so many cheater warnings... it could quite possibly be a setting as Skat just reinstalled his game a day or two ago.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Duff4r

Excellent Fox...

Here's some more,

In your conf.ini

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=10
nearMaxLagTime=2
cheaterWarningDelay=5 <=======Set to at least 5, 10 is better
cheaterWarningNum=-1  <======= Set to (-1) Disables the "auto-kick"

If you have: IL-2 Wingman

_AH_Gator

S! Guys question  sir If I download this Il2 Wingman will it help me from going to the desktop went i fly long mission if it do i need help to make it work, last night i happy and i want to bet the blue side but went i went to the desktop on my first plane i got sad and then i start losing plane it like waiting for it to happerend again. sign Gator

_AH_Duff4r

Gator old buddy!!

I am betting that something is running in the background.  Have you looked for that?  Windows Updater and Anti-Virus software are famous for that....Check it!

Duff

_AH_Zipzag

or maybe you hit the windows key by mistake ?

_AH_Zipzag

I almost forgot , I think my Ventrilo problems are solved, After changing net cards and modems I still had problems.  Then I finally decided to check the cable line's , yep sure enough , about ten feet from the modem bettween 2 doors was a pinched cable . . I cut the line added in some new ends and presto .

Funny thing is if you had brought me your car or truck , I would have found the break with my multimeter in about 10-15 minutes not months and weeks, DOH !

"" HEY Fox , break right you got a bogie on ya"" , nice to hear when ya need to not 20 min later , hhehe

Peace all ~S~