AH Skins - F-84G Thunderjet - Come and get 'em!

Started by _AH_Boosher, March 31, 2011, 09:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Boosher

Since DW has been having so much success with the P-40's, and because I find myself needing something to do at the moment, I thought I'd give it a go with the F-84G. She's probably one of my favorite Korean War Jets, second only to the MiG-15, and I've wanted to get the squad up in 'Lead Sleds' for a good long while. So here's the basic lowdown - After some haggling with USAF officials, I finally got them to release planes in the serial number range 108901 to 108999. 108901 is currently in use as the default scheme testing aircraft, and I liked 108908 the best, so that one's for me. But the rest are still up for grabs! Air Force Command has already approved the color schemes for Aces High's four flights. Here they are:

Current HQ should pick a color scheme for their former flights.

A Flight gets a blazing RED scheme.

B Flight will be using a roaring ORANGE scheme.

C Flight will be surfing the skies on a beautiful BLUE scheme.

D Flight gets to tear it up with a mean GREEN scheme.

But WAIT! There's more! Your aircraft has customizable options! Here's a list of what you can do to your airplane:

So, if you'd like an F-84G paintscheme of your very own, copy and paste this form in a reply and fill it out below

CALLSIGN:
NAME AND RANK (that you want on canopy):
FLIGHT GROUP:
ACES HIGH LOGO: (Y/N)
NOSE ART: (Try to find a high-res version to use so it looks better. Include a link here, state that you'll PM me, e-mail me at boosh at kbuch dot com, or ask to catch me on Vent.)
SERIAL NUMBER: 1089XX
HELMET COLOR: Red, Yellow, Pale Yellow, White
WHITE FIN FLASH: (Y/N) For comparison, in the above examples my plane (C Flight) does not have the white fin flash.

NUMBERS CURRENTLY TAKEN

108901 = Default Scheme
108908 = Boosher
108969 = Col._Hogan
108944 = Lippy
108966 = Bong
108907 = z50
108906 = Moby
108900 = Turbo

_AH_Col._Hogan

CALLSIGN: Hogan
NAME AND RANK Col. Robert E Hogan
FLIGHT GROUP: A
ACES HIGH LOGO: Right side
NOSE ART: DarkWolf has it,(Daffy)
SERIAL NUMBER: 108969
HELMET COLOR:  Pale Yellow
WHITE FIN FLASH: No

Thanks Boosh!

S!

_AH_Boosher

Roger that, Hogan.

By the way, is this okay?

Those episodes actually came out in 1951, so it's the perfect plane to put it on.

_AH_Lippy

CALLSIGN: Lippy
NAME AND RANK Lt _AH_Lippy
FLIGHT GROUP: D
ACES HIGH LOGO: On Right Side (Y)
NOSE ART: sent via e-mail.
SERIAL NUMBER: 108944
HELMET COLOR: Red
WHITE FIN FLASH: (Y)

TY Sir Slowly building my own armada  :lol

_AH_Col._Hogan

I like that Boosher, what's another name for the North Koreans that sounds like Rabbit? Commie Season?

S!

_AH_Boosher

In Korean, this is how to say rabbit: 토끼 (pronounced: tohk-keeh), I'll let you know if I come up with anything else. Otherwise the skin's finished. I'll send it before I go to bed tonight. Lippy, I'll start work on yours tomorrow.

_AH_Bong

CALLSIGN: BONG
NAME AND RANK:LT _AH_Bong
FLIGHT GROUP:
ACES HIGH LOGO: Y
NOSE ART: None
SERIAL NUMBER: 108966
HELMET COLOR: Pale Yellow,
WHITE FIN FLASH:N
LT._AH_Bong
"Reserve" Flight
Aces High

_AH_z5o

CALLSIGN: Zulu
Name and Rank LT_AH_z5o
Flight Group: C
Aces High Logo: Y
Nose Art: contact me
Serial Number: 103508
Helmet Color: Blue
White Fin Flash: Y

Also, what do I do with them After I get them from you. Theres no F-84 listed in my skins?
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Boosher

You should have two folders, one labeled F-84G1_Thunderjet and the other labeled F-84G2_Thunderjet. The skins go in there.

_AH_Moby

~S~ Boosh!

CALLSIGN:  Mobes
NAME AND RANK :  Capt. AH_Moby
FLIGHT GROUP: C
ACES HIGH LOGO: (Y)
NOSE ART:   I change it up with the nose art Boosh, no worries here, just leave the area blank and i will assign nose art whenever...
SERIAL NUMBER: 108906
HELMET COLOR:  White
WHITE FIN FLASH: (N)

You rule as usual my friend!!!  Thank you very much!!!

~S~!

Mobes.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Turbo

CALLSIGN:Turbo
NAME AND RANK 1st Lt _AH_Turbo
FLIGHT GROUP: B
ACES HIGH LOGO: Right side
NOSE ART: you pick
SERIAL NUMBER: 108900
HELMET COLOR:  Red WHITE FIN FLASH: yes

Thanks
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_Boosher

_AH_Lippy

rgr that Boosh thanks mate ~S~

Z if you dont see the skin folder you may not have the mod folder installed here is a link i hope it works http://cid-cfde86ef2f6fea58.office.live.com/browse.aspx/.Documents/IL2%201946/Utilities  download the Skin Folders and open then extract into the main skin directory of IL2 it will place all of the missing skins. Hope this helps bro ~S~ Mark

_AH_Turbo

Hey looks great, Thanks Boosh              :happy-112:
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower