Night Carrier Qual Map for me

Started by _AH_Twisted, February 26, 2009, 04:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Twisted

~S~
As I don't want to hijack Archie's thread I figured I'd create a new one and dedicate it to the issues I'm having.
As mentioned but hard to describe to the fullest, I fired up the game, launched the night qual map and then took screen shot of what I'm seeing. This is after I made adjustments to various settings, and what you will see is the absolute best I can get. No adjustments tried lighten up the map at all. Either my Radeon control settings, game settings, or monitor settings could make it better and I believe I've tried them all.

Due to the number of screen shots I've created a webpage and uploaded it to my business site. The address is below.

http://www.advantagewebdevelopments.com/nightcarrier.htm

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. i'm pretty sure that what' it's supposed to look like.. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Twisted

:sad-056:

I actually get sick flying like that.  :help2:

_AH_Gonzo

lol, yep... IT's dark out there!

Which reminds me, I have to update the carrier lighting (Thank's TD) and the plane set available on the map. Shouldn't take too long to do and hope to have it updated this weekend.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_BBQhead

S~..lol at Twisted.. yea.. the same thing happens to me when there's unlimited ammo. (tongue)

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_taldrg

~S~  Maybe this will help you and maybe not.
1. When you are "Abeam" of the CV....airspeed=under 300kls...alt.=250m
2. When on "Base Leg"...canopy open, hook dn., gear dn., flaps at takeoff
3. On "Final"...call the 'ball'...airspeed=190kls...flaps at landing...ajust rate of decent with throttle.

Respectfully submitted:

TD
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Twisted

What I meant by sick was I get disorientated when I have no visual on the ground.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Check my rough sketch in down load for good altitudes for CV approach.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Twisted

How are you suppose to use any sort of visual vectoring when all you have is a row of lights without depth ?

I can understand at a distance but if you are within .2 distance and still only have a double row of lights with no 3D for reference, you honestly have no idea how close you are relative to your altitude.

That was what I was trying to point out. I've listened to may others say they can still make out the outline of the carrier at a decent distance where if you look at those screen captures you clearly can not see any sort of outline. This is what I'm seeing or should I say not seeing.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Some things that help me for night CV landings.
1. Keep your gun site between the horizen and the bow of the ship.
2. Lock down your approach speed and
3. Ajust your rate of sink(decent)with your THROTTLE
4. NEVER ajust your sink rate with the stick(nose up...nose down)use the THROTTLE
5. Sinking too fast..apply throttle....Not sinking enough...less throttle
6. You already know the height of the carrier deck..you do not need any 3D view
7. Use your heads up display and instruments and don't make it harder then it is.

_AH_Twisted

~S~ Everyone who's responded or read this.

Talking with Foxbat tonight on coms I tried something he does. I used the my monitor buttons and turned the brightness up and low and behold and could see things even on the pictures that I couldn't before.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ There is a cross wind on this carrier. It should be turned into the wind. Who is the Capt. of this ship anyway? I call for a Court marshal.

_AH_Twisted

Quote from: _AH_taldrg on February 27, 2009, 04:29:40 PM
~S~ There is a cross wind on this carrier. It should be turned into the wind. Who is the Capt. of this ship anyway? I call for a Court marshal.

~S~

Agree  (wavey)

_AH_DarkWolf

The cross wind is on the rough carrier qual, not the night carrier qual is'nt it?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill